Amadeus: Building better journeys, securing a better future
We all share the need to explore our world: but sometimes we have to ask ourselves, at what cost?
At Amadeus we connect the entire travel industry and our work has a global impact.
That´s why we contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
How do we do that? We’re tackling this head-on with an environmental and sustainability strategy based on:
• Measuring the environmental impact of our operations and identifying areas for improvement.
• Helping our customers achieve their environmental objectives with IT solutions.
• Working in partnership with other industry stakeholders to improve travel industry sustainability
Here are some of the projects we’re working on around the world:
• A carbon calculator to help offset greenhouse gas emissions due to travel
• A micro-donation engine for UNICEF to support children in need
• Data to help scientists monitor the spread of disease through the Magic Box project
• Energy efficiencies to make our office buildings around the world more green by relying on LEDs, and committing to plastic free offices.
But sustainability isn´t just about a greener planet, it´s also about promoting equality. That´s why Amadeus is also contributing to girls´ education in the STEM fields, and working to promote more diversity in our offices.
And that´s just scratching the surface.
But we understand that this is a journey to sustainability, not a destination. Therefore, we need to make little improvements every single day.
Fortunately, it seems that are moving in the right direction. We’re now the 16th most sustainable company in the world according to Corporate Knights. And we’re also the highest-scoring company in our sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index in 2018.
We have a clear purpose to shape the future of travel, but we only want to do this in a way that helps the travel industry meet the needs of today, without jeopardizing the needs of tomorrow.